Friday, May 28, 2010

Raku and other pottery - SOLD small vase





So,today I am doing glaze testing with the help of Jeannie Gordon. Both of us will be at Feather Your Nest this weekend. I have several 5x7 framed, original oil paintings, cat tail pins, and raku pieces. Jeannie will be selling her highly sought after buttons. Our prices are very reasonable.
I decided to raku a few more pieces for the Memorial Day art events. Here are the results. I am very happy with the pacman glaze and the borax glaze (white). Yes - that is a humpback whale on the borax piece. I loved how it came out. Raku is so unpredictable.
The pieces are porcelain and omega stone. Great stuff.
The small, brown bowl is the result of glazes testing.
My new field easel arrived today, too. I am not sure if I like it yet. I will test it out.
By the way, I sold three paintings to a wonderful friend and artist at the last Brookings art walk. Thank you for your support!!

No comments: