Sunday, May 30, 2010

Giant Statues and Stinky Seals








We went up the Oregon coast this weekend and enjoyed being tourists. My husband and I both get a kick out giant statues. Here are some pictures. Also, we stopped at the Seal Caves and I think I still have the smell of seal poop in my hair. It is stinky but worth the time. There were so many seals. We went down 200 hundred feet into a cave to view them. I didn't realize that until the couple in the elevator started to count how many feet we had traveled. I then saw we were dropping 200 hundred feet underground. Well...I was okay for about 2 minutes and then decided I had seen enough of the cave with a large amount of tourist and stinky seals. I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about earthquakes, tsunamis, tons of earth over my head, fires, elevator breaking down, and breathing at the same time.
We then headed to Depot Bay and ate at the Sea Hag. Notice, the startled picture of my husband. We were starved. Suddenly, the Chicken Dance song came on and the bartenders began to play the bottles and bar top like a xylophone. It was hilarious. They each had xylophone mallets and were very good!
What a fun day.

No comments: