Sunday, May 16, 2010

My son, Devin, is an artist in the kitchen




My son, Devin, loves to cook exotic dishes. They are out of this world with his seasonings and attention to detail when it come to a sophisticated pallet. My husband and I walked into our house to the most wonderful smells coming from the kitchen.
Devin made dolmades (tender grapes leaves) stuffed with lamb, herbs and goat cheese. He made tabbouleh with fresh feta, lemon, tomatoes and more. I do not like lamb nor tabbouleh in general... but I always go back for seconds when he makes this. He has learned how to keep from the lamb from being "gamey" by adding additional ingredients. There is no overwhelming taste of parsley in his tabbouleh. It is out of this world. His yogurt dressing is a perfect addition.
I think these photos show off his works of art! ( I am a proud mom). He said it wasn't complete without his homemade hummus, but I thought the completed dish looked beautiful and it tasted even better - if you can believe it!

No comments: