Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Before the fire...





I spent 6 hours working on my pottery today. I learned to trim my vegetable steamer and lid. I made my chicken pot too thin on the bottom but Dave, the best pottery teacher ever, fixed it with a slab roller and lots of water.
I put terra sigillata on four vases I threw. This is a process where after each glazing, you buff the piece. This is done three times. They are going into a pit fire and donated to a worthy cause for a lovely artist who is 12 years old and has cancer. I will scan in the flyer and post it.
I learned how to throw plates, a chip and salsa platter and a cake stand.
I picked up my supplies to make my own terra sigillata. I will do a saggar firing.
Here are the pictures of my vases, the chicken pot and the vegetable steamer.

No comments: