Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So much color and light, so little time





Here is another oil study I did today in class. I am including the one from yesterday with a close up of the flower. The studies are painting the light. Determining what is cool or warm and dull or bright. You do not paint a flower, a vase, an apple. You paint the light. With Susan Sarback's method and teaching, you will learn quickly to see and paint. I just want to learn to be a better oil painter.
I start my weekly studies tomorrow. This will continue twice a week until I am ready to go on.
This might take a few years but I will do it! I am told,I see color great. No problem. But, I need learn NOT to use the palette knife tip when I am putting down paint. Also,work on drawing the shapes as cylinders and such by drawing through them. Put down geometric planes rather than I drawing what I see. I learned from the best how to draw what I see. Now, I need to draw through the objects. I use to do that in Mathematics so I think I won't have a problem. It just feels odd.

No comments: