Tuesday, September 18, 2012

OoH My Aching Back.

I have been busy running around trying to get as much done as I can this week. I sold almost all of my plant markers from my last kiln firing. This means I spent a few hours in my studio making a couple hundred so I don't run out next year. I also included a few bird beads and I will make hanging bird houses.  Why all this work? I need to get ready for next spring early. Can you believe it is almost October? Where did the time go?
I cleaned my raised vegetable beds, harvested potatoes, herbs and green tomatoes. Which meant I spent the last couple of days drying herbs and canning Chow Chow. (It is a wonderful relish made with green tomatoes, onions, peppers, vinegar, mustard and celery seeds and sugar).
I also raked my lawn and seeded. Next, I need to plant my garlic and a few more beets. Oh and those gutters need cleaned, as well as ,the windows. That means power washing time.
Needless to say my back is killing me... but the results are worth it.

No comments: