Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Little J" At The Brookings/Harbor Port

This is a painting I did today  of the boat, Little J, located at the Brookings/Harbor Port in Oregon.  I have spent a lot of time at the port painting the boats the last couple of years. It is all about seeing and practicing.  (Yes - practice, practice, practice).  The last two paintings I am trying to keep the background abstract, limiting the detail in the middle ground and detailing only my focal point. I am, again, using a limited palette to work on my values.
"Little J"  9x12 Oil on Board
If you want to visit the port, it is before the bridge to Brookings heading north on 101 and after the bridge heading south.   It a lovely port by the Chetco River and the Pacific ocean.  A wonderful place to site see and, of course, a wonderful place to paint.

No comments: