Sunday, March 28, 2010

Loosening up the painterly way





I mentioned I watched Robert Burridge's DVDs at Trude Z's house the night and it inspired me. I got out my jars of acrylic paints and some discarded watercolor paintings. I then got out some brushes, cardboard and an old tooth brush and started throwing paint on the paper. I immediately began to sing. Obviously I was happy throwing paint and slapping the paper together, smearing it with childlike delight. I then found myself dipping my fingers into the paint and using the brush to scrape. It was wonderful. Less than 10 minutes later, I had these wonderful pieces. Oh - and without a hangover. I was feeling happy and relaxed at the same time.
Once they dry - which isn't easy on the coast, especially when it is raining- I will try Robert's floral technique. I can't wait.
Its good to be an artist.

No comments: