Friday, March 19, 2010

"Does This Cup Make Me Look Fat?" 5X7 oil on board



I painted this green apple next to an Ikea cup. It was a quick study less than 30 minutes and completed with oil and brush. I love it. It sits in my kitchen.

I was running around today and went into the Crescent Harbor Gallery. They are having their salad luncheon tomorrow. Always good. Great works of art that you can bid on.

Then, I went next door to the Talking Crow Studio and saw Rika Blue. She is great artist, potter and teacher. I shopped around and found a hand knitted cap from a young artist. Last time I was there, I bought a few mugs from young pottery named Hannah. I recommend shopping at both places if you are local are just passing through.

Both places offer jewelry, pottery, fiber arts, paintings, murals and classes.

No comments: