Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I am Surrounded" 5X7 Oil on Board


This pear painting is surrounded by cherries. The painting is loose and the colors are strong. In my mind this is a keeper. This painting was completed in less than an hour. I don't know if I mention it earlier, but I use a timer. That way I don't overwork the piece and make the colors muddy.
I sent away to Art Supply Warehouse to get more 5X7 board plus frames. I can't wait for them to arrive.
Yesterday, at our weekly art critique, I saw the artists' amazing progress. Getting together in a group to discuss art and show your work is necessary as an artist. I learn something new each time I go to gallery.
The most interesting thing, I think, I learned yesterday is about adding a spice color - color or colors that add interest to the painting.
Today, I will sand my greenware pottery and bisque fire it tonight. I will include Jeanie's Studio Buttons. This batch is being fired with low fired glazes. I will post a picture when they are completed.

No comments: