Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God Hates a Coward


I started an advance oil painting class with Randy Blasquez and the setup today was beautiful. I encountered several problems with the flowers because I was not sure what shapes to paint. Then, I saw they were cups and bowl shapes. I thought, I know how to paint the shape of cups and bowls.
The black background was difficult for me because I don't normally paint with black. I would mix the color to get a black. I tried to start the black light plane with a pink and orange. I found when I scrumbled the black over it, it didn't work. So I mixed pink and orange with black and got a green. I was expecting it but I am not sure I like it.

I am, also, working on a larger canvas - 16X20. I keep repeating what a great artist once told me "God Hates a Coward". So, I am painting bigger and I will paint as much as I can. I don't care about mistakes. I will keep practicing and learning.

This piece is far from complete but I am pleased with the progress.

No comments: