Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where have I been?


I started my blog and got distracted by my poor cat, Boxer Thomas. Boxer was 17 years old and had diabetes for 7 years. This means he received insulin shots twice a day and despite being very healthy, I kept a watchful eye over him. The veterinarians were very amazed that he was such good health for a cat his age. We were told he would only live 2 year once he was diagnosed.
Boxer Thomas was finally laid to rest in May 2009. We will never forget our companion and for the first time in my life, I know what is is like to feel lonely.
Boxer was my art muse and inspiration. He got me up every morning at 5 for his shot. He got me up throughout the night to refresh his water and clean his litter box. He let me know when he was sick and trusted I would care for him... and I always did. I never complained because he gave and my family so much entertainment and love through the years. How fortunate we were to have him in our life.
Every day I think of him. I keep his cat nip garden maintained as it reminds me of how much he loved his garden, his beach house and his life. I remember him meowing at the full moon, his Elvis impersonations, him enjoying meals at the dining table, purring over the groceries items that I piled on the floor for him, grateful when I removed intruders from his favorite chair, and feeling safe and sound as we held him close to our hearts in our arms at night.
Your family loves you Baby Kitty. Sleep tight until we meet, again.

No comments: