Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Break Time" 5X7 Oil on Gesso Board


I loved painting this little art piece. The still life is very simple. An Ikea cup, green apple and one of my ocher dinner napkins. I had to stand over the still life with my the gesso board to paint. I used a brush instead of a palette knife and limited my brush strokes. After it dried, I sent it to my husband as a gift. I thought it would be a nice addition to his office cubicle. I name it "Break Time". (On the back of my paintings, I list my name, location, media used, date and title).
When my husband received it, he said he thought it was a great title. How did I manage to crack the painting? I had no idea what he was talking about. Well, en route with the postal service, a large heavy object apparently was dropped on it. The board didn't break, just the front of the painting.
We had a good laugh and next time I will insure the painting before I send it, again.

No comments: