Sunday, March 7, 2010

"This is a Hold Up" 5X7 Oil on Gesso Board -SOLD


This was a fun little painting to create. I setup the still life on my breakfast bar. I bought a cobalt blue glass from Pier 1 and added a few cloth napkins: one green and one ocher. The white starfish was sitting in our towel basket as a decorative piece so borrowed it for the afternoon. I sliced the lemon wedge for more interests. Later, it ended up in my glass of water.
I put the still life under a halogen light. I couldn't do it in full sun light because it was raining here in Northern California at the time. Oh did I mention, I brought the weather from up North with me?
My camera doesn't pick up the colors very well such as the of the lemon shadows nor the rind color. The starfish is reflected in the glass.
The whole painting took me less than an hour. I am sure I could render it more but I was happy with the results. The more I paint, the more color I see.
This is a palette knife oil painting on gesso board.

No comments: