Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fishing Then Painting

I got up early this morning to go trout fishing before it got too hot for me and the trout. The carp were the only ones enjoying the heat as they splashed along the shore in the reeds.  I got home by noon and started on a "homework" assignment from Terry Miura's landscape class.
That is probably why I felt the need to go fishing. I used to do the same thing in high school. Fishing came first over homework when the weather was good... and the weather is always good to go fishing.
Here is the first pass. I am trying not to overwork it to keep the under painting. The road  reads too cool so I will have to warm it up.  And most of all I do not want to muck it up. So I am taking a break and will look at it, again, tomorrow.  I painted it on a 6X12 canvas. 

No comments: