Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oops - forgot to post my finished study from 10/28/10


Oops. I don't know how I forgot to post my study on 10/28/10 but here it is. Oh, I remember now. I made homemade pizza when I got home from class, super cleaned the condo, took care of the cat and husband, cleaned off the patio, scrubbed the bathtub, packed the car and watched Big Bang and Grey's Anatomy. That pretty much took are of my evening.
Here is the finished study of sunflowers and copper pot.
Improving design is my next goal. I was terrified of where I placed my leaves in the finished study.
I was afraid I would make a mistake. Well, if you don't make mistakes, how can you learn.
I am too old in life to worry about such a thing. I need to invite this process into the paintings and learn from them. How else can I improve design?
The important thing about adding the leaves, stem and the bud is that it should not distract you from the focal paint. The large sunflower sitting on the table top.
The leaves and stems contained some color form the flowers.
Just like when you paint a landscape, the trees, foliage, ground, surrounding areas and water, contain sky colors. You should add them into the landscape colors.

No comments: