Friday, October 8, 2010

Block Study 10/08/2010



Here is today's block study.I did a very nice initial drawing and didn't follow through with my angles on this drawing. Then the yellow shadow became an obsession. I don't like the color but that is what I saw.
The darkest color was the background. The lightest was the table cloth. The dullest was that yellow shadow. The brightest was yellow block in light. The warmest was the yellow block compared to everything. The red was a cool red. The white was warm and the shadow was a warm blue. The next darkest was that yellow shadow. The next darkest was the red shadow. The table cloth shadow was darker than the white shadow sides.
Warm, cool, dark, light, bright and dull. All are being compare while I painted. Then I was interrupted for an hour and the shadow changed, as did the color.

No comments: