Friday, July 5, 2013

A 6 Year Old's View Of A Real Artist

I am absolutely loving the Chetco River. I get out there early and I can paint in peace. That is until everyone else who wants peace shows up. Then it is a happening place with families, 4 wheel drive pickups, swimming and rafting. 

Today, I was convinced I solved the problems with my first study and was ready to start a painting when a 6 year old, young man came up to me and said I must be a real artist.  Do you know why? Well, I seemed to know how to put paint on a canvas pretty good. 
He wanted to know how I knew learned this art stuff.  So I showed him my sketch book. His sister wanted in on this, too.  He, his sister and I talked about relating shapes to landscapes, still life and people using  circles, triangles, square and rectangles. We talked about light and dark. That all seemed pretty simple to them.  And by the time they left, they were convinced they were real artists, too. I love it.
Chetco River Study - 8"x10" Oil with Brush and Palette Knife on Gesso Board



No comments: