Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 8 - "Orange and Blue" By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas

Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 day challenge by Leslie Saeta.  I continue to take weekly classes  to improve my work . This piece "Orange and Blue" is a study from this week's class. I take two sessions in one day  and paint two studies.  My goal this year  is to improve my values, create beautiful under paintings and improve my brushwork.  That means standing at an easel for 7 hours with a break between classes.  It isn't easy but if I want to be a better plein air painter, painting still life is the best way to learn. 
This last year,  I started painting these studies on canvas sheets where I write my notes on the back. I did the same when I painted on board.  I just find the canvas sheets easier to store. 
Tip - The notes on the back are lessons learned.   I have stacks of these in my home where I can see my successes and review the notes.  I write the notes with a sharpie.

"Orange and Blue" NFS



2 comments:

Unknown said...

love these colors

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Did you see the new still life setups at Susan's? They are gorgeous.