Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 14 - "Doughnut, Anyone?" By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas

Day 14 of the 30 Day 30 Paintings Challenge. My dear friend, Audi Stanton, sculpts desserts and sells them. I couldn't resist this doughnut she created.  It never goes bad and doesn't attract ants. Perfect for a still life setup.  I set up this still life in the sun with a Corelle plate. There is light in the shadow that I found intriguing created by the plate's transparency. Lots of greys and similar colors to force me to look before leaping.
"Doughnut, Anyone? By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas 5"x7" Oil on Canvas Board $65.00

2 comments:

Anette (Ahlholm) Power said...

I really like your colors in this one with the nice muted grays. So true that they would male a lasting still-lifesubject:). Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Thank you, Annette. Grays are so important in painting, aren't' they? I am learning this more and more. Enjoy the challenge, too. It is fun.