Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 19 - "Atmosphere and Distance" By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas

Day 19 of the 30 Days 30 Paintings challenge with Leslie Saeta.  Here is another study from my landscape class with Terry Miura. His demonstration was about atmosphere and distance. I painted this from his demo to reinforce what he taught. Again, I paint these studies on canvas sheet and write notes on the back after they dry. (I write down notes in a sketch book and transfer the information to the back of the study).  I can then store the canvas sheets in a book format and refer to them. Priceless information.
"Atmosphere and Distance" By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas 9"x 12" Oil with Brush on Canvas Sheet

2 comments:

Theresa Grillo Laird said...

Excellent idea for study reference. I have my students do the same thing with their color exercises. I like this painting a lot. It definitely has a good sense of depth.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Thank you, Theresa. I love to hear how others teach their student. It is important to find a good instructor that understands how to teach and reinforce good painting habits.