Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's a Boat


I enjoyed painting with some well known artists yesterday. We stood on the beach and near the piers to plein air. The best spot was near the restroom. This meant a lot of foot traffic and people wanting to ask what I was painting. The first stages of the painting is abstract and sometimes difficult for a viewer to see what the artist is painting.
"It's a boat". I would say. "What boat?" "Why do you paint that way?" "The brush artist over there has a painting that looks like a boat". I would explain it is a different method of painting.
Then while the time passed, I heard we had only 45 minutes to finish the paintings and go to critique. I put in details and met with the other painters who looked at it and said, "It's a boat!" Yes, it is a boat.
If I had more time - I would have worked on the reflected color.

No comments: