Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Two New Books - Big Art Small Canvas and Collage Discovery Workshop



I have two new books that I am enjoying. You can buy them at Half.com or any other online book selling site. I prefer half.com.
The first, Big Art small canvas by Joyce Washor, is full of information on perspective, color, value, bright and dull, setting up still life, equipment and just an all around great book on painting. I love the demonstrations and all of that in one reasonably priced book. It even suggests a small studio setup and supplies on a budget.
The other book, Collage Discovery Workshop, shows so many background techniques that I didn't wait to buy it on-line. I had to have it now and bought it was Michael's but you can find it cheaper at half.com. I bought it because I walk every day and look for found objects to put in a collage. I found a skateboard wheel the other day and was so excited.

No comments: