Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's a Puzzle

I worked on this piece in three and a tenth class sessions. The third session I spent my time with my internal struggle wanting to make up color, value and temperature. It really should had taken less than ten minutes to finish this piece but I wasn't willing to accept what I was seeing. I wanted to make it up.
 I kept trying to push the shadow flowers brighter and warmer than they were. Finally, I had a break through. I realized that it was one big puzzle.  The ceramic vase, the flowers and the background had to be compared each time to ensure they were not alike.   They were very similar and the point of this study was to see the subtle differences of the objects . The next session, I finished this immediately and started work on another puzzle.

No comments: