Thursday, May 6, 2010

Low fired bowls and vases





I pulled the low fire pieces this morning at 5:00 AM. I just couldn't wait to see the results.
The bowl that is black on the outside and green on the inside is a keeper. The low fire glaze on the outside is black ice. It is beautiful fired at 06.
The other pieces were great surprises. I have to look at the glaze containers, again, to see what they are and I am too tired to get them. The large beige bowl was fired high fired first but had pitting. I fired it, again, at a low fire and the color changed from green to white. Cool results - and the pitting is gone. Also, should have stilted a the bowls. Live and learn.
Tomorrow I will put some more pieces in be high fired. They will be glazes with the Pompeii ash. One piece is about 12 inches high.

No comments: