Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Toss Me The Palette Knife

I truly love creating these palette knife paintings. After I took the picture, I noticed my bottle was a little wonky. Yes - wonky. So I will fix it later.
This originally had two flowers in the still life setup. I struggled for an hour trying to get that other flower painted correctly. Finally, I just scraped it off the canvas telling myself it was my painting and can do whatever I want. Wow - it is about time I figured that out.
"Pucker Up" By Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas- 8"x10" Oil on Canvas Board

This is created with pure color at the beginning. The bottle was pure ultramarine blue and then adjusted. The lemon in the shadow was cad. green light and the light side was lemon yellow. The flower started as a cobalt blue with light. The table cloth started with perm. rose with lots of white and then viridian  carefully layered on top with with lots of white.
My background was magenta and purple.  Oh and the shadows were ultramarine blue for the bottle and thalo blue for the flower and lemon. All are adjusted to the correct value before layering the color.




No comments: