Sunday, March 9, 2014

Score!

I am so happy with my newly acquired art pieces for my collection.   They are 3 beautiful bowls by Chris Thompson from his incredible 1000 bowl project to feed the hungry. He spent a year and a half throwing these bowls.  I followed this and was hoping it be in town but missed it.
Guess what? I stopped by the E Street Gallery in Sacramento to see another artist's incredible show and found Chris' bowls.  I am still grinning ear to ear. Love his pieces and his the reason behind it. (Check out his youtube video for more information).
The most difficult part was choosing from the selection available. Thank you, Dot, for being so patient I made my decision. I have to go back for a few more. (Forgive the pictures. They cannot capture the glazed colors. Trust me. They are incredible).
These can be used as functional bowls, decorative on the wall or both. They have wire hangers attached to the foot of the bowl. Starting at the top and left to right the sizes are  8", 12", 12 1/2 across.


No comments: