Sunday, October 23, 2011

Free Workshop and Kindred Spirits

My husband and I traveled to Yosemite for a free workshop with John Hewitt, a watercolorist, and to paint with fellow kindred spirits .  plein air artists.  It was breathtakingly beautiful. 
We stood in the valley and asked ourselves " How do I paint a place like this that and give it justice?"   The answer it is lots of practice and lots of trips back to Yosemite.
Here is my painting of Half Dome. The trees were starting to turn and the grass was yellowing.  It is an oil with palette knife on 9X12 gesso board.

4 comments:

BeeGee said...

Just beautiful, Eva. I can feel the spirit of the place...

Barb G.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Thank you for the wonderful comment. It was fun to paint. I can't wait to return.

jcarter said...

Very nice Eva. Glad you had an inspiring trip to Yosemite. Your painting has a nice open feel to it. I really enjoyed meeting you when you passed through San Andreas.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

It was nice to meet you, Jane. We had a wonderful time in Yosemite. Beautiful place and we hope to return next year. I am looking forward to seeing your art.