Monday, May 30, 2011

The Great Paint Out


I arrived late to the great paint out on Saturday. There were my favorite fellow plein air artist, Kathy Huxley and Rob Decker. The painters who know that it takes work, practice, time and a love of art. Also, sun screen... lots of sun screen, layered clothes, chap stick, willingness to pick debris out of your hair and painting. You know, die hard, plein air painters. "Shadow chasers" or "Sun Chasers". Painters who don't mind a potential audience asking you questions about your work, a barrage of art critiques willing to let you know what is wrong with your work and many wishing they could be a plein air painter, too. Either way, it is one of best ways to learn how to paint.
Here is my piece. It is not a great piece but an improvement. This was trail along side the Pacific Ocean. I know. I have ocean and beautiful sky around me and I want to paint a trail with green and grays.

No comments: