Friday, January 28, 2011

The First Two of Stage Two - Forty Eight to Go!



I am working with studies taking them to stage two of the process I am learning at the School of Light and Color in Fair Oaks with Susan Sarback.
Here are two of today's studies. The study with the blocks was painted while it was overcast so I didn't put shadows. I started everything cool but the orange. I will ask if that it correct next time I am in class.
The sun started to come out so I setup another study because I decided after I waited for the clouds, again, that it was going to remain sunny. No - that it not a complaint. I am always glad to see the sun.
I set up a second study with a cobalt vase and an orange.
Both of these studies are to be done quickly and constantly comparing the light and dark, warm and cool, bright and dull. Great exercises.

No comments: