Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beginning Oil Painting with a Brush



I decided take a beginning oil painting class from a woman, Randy Blasguez who is a wonderful oil painter. I found out today what a great instructor she is, too. I fumbled with oils for years - pushing paint around - and not knowing the stages to oil painting.
Watercolor to me is so much easier.
With the classes at the School of Light and Color, I am learning color, how to improve my drawings and now, the basics of brush painting in oils.
I learned so much in one hour session. I was so pleased. What I loved the most was I was understanding the vocabulary.
I could, also, see the color in the objects and knew without hesitation what colors to mix at the beginning stage.
Here is the link to Randy's blog. Good stuff.

No comments: