Thursday, April 22, 2010

Harris Beach on an over cast day.





The weather has been just overcast and gray for what seems to be forever. My husband took this photograph last time we were at the beach and I decided to paint it.
Here is the photograph and the stages of my painting.
I like my sky and the far rocks. I struggled with the rocks up front but in the words of my spouse "DON'T TOUCH IT!" You can see that I didn't put in all the rocks. I think I will try the painting, again.
I used a cool palette because it is overcast but I am thinking there is more green. I didn't see all the greens with the photograph displayed on my laptop. That is how I viewed it while I painted. I downloaded the picture to my computer.
I also think I will add the additional rocks with the next painting.
If you are interested in seeing the original work, it will be for sale at Manley Art Center located in Brookings, Oregon during the months of May and June.
It is a 9x12 signed oil painting using palette knife.

No comments: