Monday, April 12, 2010

"City Start" 5x7 Oil and brush, limited palette


It is still raining so I pulled out a local newspaper, found pictures of the downtown and practiced painting cityscapes. I am back to using my cell phone so the photograph isn't the best. I will set up an appropriate area in my studio to take pictures so the quality is better.
Back to my cityscape. I am trying to learn not to be overwhelmed by painting the outdoors so I practicing with a limited palette. To me, watercolor and cat are really so much easier to paint. Oil and the outdoors - HOLY MOLY.
Cityscapes, once you break them down and remember perspective, are not as bad as I thought. It will take practice. Gee-what a concept! I need to put the same passion into painting landscapes and building with oil paints as I did with cats and watercolors.

No comments: