Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fused Glass Pendants


Spent the best day taking a fused glass class in Brookings, Oregon instructed by Ruth Stoner. Ruth Stoner, proprietor of Glassic Designs, 1105 D Chetco Ave., has a small bathtub size kiln that she keeps busy slumping, shaping, and draping glass of all sizes, colors and shapes.
My husband and I took her beginning class together with Jeanie Gordon. What fun! We ran into two other people we know, Len Burton, a wonderful oil painter and Marge Novelle, a crafter.
Here are a few pieces my spouse and I created before they went into the kiln. I can't wait for the results tomorrow.
Also ran into Trude Zmoeling and Rob Decker down at the port. Rob Decker was creating another masterpiece of a landscape.
While we had daylight, we headed to the Manley Art Center and saw the Watercolor Society Show that is hanging at the gallery. It will be there all month. I also managed to score panel 1 and 2 at the gallery for the plein air artist and myself to hang artwork in May and June. There will be lots of beautiful paintings and pastel drawings available. I called Kathy Huxley to let her know we have two panels. I let Rob know when we caught him at the beach.
Now, we are going to dinner with artist and friend, Audi Stanton, and her charming husband, Chuck. It is Italian cuisine tonight at a place in Harbor.
I am sure we will have more adventures before the day is over.

No comments: