Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Keeping Things In Perspective

It was COLD this morning so I bundled up with several layers to practice perspective. I spent about two hours on this 8x10 before calling it quits.
Oh and I used my new mini Strada. It quickly became my favorite setup. What a wonderful, lightweight piece of equipment. I bought the two additional trays and use my Easy L tripod.  With a couple of essential, small tubes of paint and two, flat brushes to keep the carrying weight down, it is now a perfect setup.
Also, instead of gamsol, I use Utretcht safflower oil.  I took a tip from an artist to use a plastic, zip-lock bag inside my brush canister. The reason for the bag is to make it easier to clean by just pulling out the bag and replacing it with a new one. . 

Now all I have to do is purchase a RayMar art box with a lightweight backpack and I will be all set.


Plein Air Study - 8"x10" Oil with brush on canvas board

No comments: