Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Squall Is Coming

If you have never heard the term "Squall is coming", it means paint faster because you are about to get wet. First, my easel started to blow from the cold wind so I threw on a warmer coat. I was determined to finish a painting. But then the rain started and I was left alone in the secluded area next to a van covered with handwritten profanity about women.   I decided I should go. I packed so quickly that my heavy duty coat ended up in my palette and when  I got home, I realized I was covered with napel's yellow along with my driver's seat and tailgate. It looked like I squirted the tube all over the place and smeared it with my hands.
So I finished this 8"x10" painting in my nice, warm, dry, profanity free studio.
"Squall Is Coming" By Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas - 8"x10" Oil On Linen Canvas


No comments: