Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How To Display All Those Paint Studies?

Like most artists  I have a few stacks of paint studies in boxes, leaning up against the wall, hidden in drawers, in the garage, van, etc., etc., etc. I would like to organize and display them.   I found a website that showed how easy it is to build ledges.
I altered her design slightly.  I purchased a few feet of 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 primed molding, wood screws, finishing nails, wood glue and   paint to solve my problem. I had the hardware guy cut the molding to size so I didn't have to mess with the saw.
Friends, this was easy to make these ledges. The hardest part was waiting for the fog to lift so I could paint them.  Here is the picture that inspired me.

 Check out these shelves. http://ana-white.com/2010/10/plans/ten-dollar-ledges
When I finish painting mine, I will post them.   It may take a while since  it is still foggy here.


No comments: