Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hanging Out at the Gold Beach Fair in Oregon

I have my work hanging at the Gold Beach Fair in Oregon this weekend with the Brookings Coastal Plein Air Artists. Hurray. Which means I spent the morning hanging paintings with Audi Staton and then off we went to Rollin In Dough Bakery Bistro. 
It was wonderful! If you want to treat yourself to a baked goods, fresh seafood, sandwiches or soup, this is the place.  The service is outstanding and they have a  chef with credentials  who graduated from a New York culinary school. (A REAL CHEF).
Yum. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rollin-In-Dough-BakeryBistro/154425603671
And you are not going to believe this but Claude Monet painted their restroom with his famous water lilies.  I saw his signature myself and it looked authentic as it is dated 1907. 
From the bakery there is a view of the Rogue River which I think could another top  place to plein air paint in Oregon.  You have the bridge, the port, boats, cottage style houses, the river, mountains and coastal pines. Plus you get to eat at a bistro where your food is prepared by a chef who can cook and bake. Did I mention the soup of the day was outstanding.  Next time, I am having the fresh salmon if it is still available and that espresso chocolate cake. Oh and I will paint, too.

No comments: