Monday, March 26, 2012

Meringue if you do. Meringue if you don't.

I bought an  art creation from a well known Brookings, Oregon artist, Audi Stanton  It is from her  new Incredible In-edible series.   She sculpted, painted and photographed desserts and has them for sale at the Brian Scott's Gallery, also, located in Brookings. When I saw her show, I fell in love with her wonderful, sculpted, lemon meringue pie on a pedestal.  In addition, she has her watercolors showing at the local library. Can you tell she is a hard working artist?
 When I saw the lemon meringue pie, I had to have it so I could paint it. So in between the screaming cat, spring cleaning, preparing for a garage sale, pulling weeds, and walking to the beach, I started this piece.  It needs a few adjustments.
Oh and I thought it was best to post it unfinished so my husband won't think I am on vacation.

No comments: