Wednesday, September 4, 2013

30 In 30, Day 4 - "Whaleshead" By Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas

Day 4- I painted this at Whaleshead Beach in Brookings, OR around 8AM this morning. The morning fog was in the distance so it was beautiful.  My goal was to use limited strokes to describe this scene.
Suddenly, there was quite the commotion. A woman dislocated her knee while hiking on the beach.  Local volunteers and Cal Ore, a wonderful local  ambulance service, showed up.  The poor woman was in amazing great spirits as they used a stretcher to carrying her up the beach.
I chatted up the  park employee who was there, too, and he said there were whales at Harris Beach. So I finished my paintings and watched whales for an hour.
Ah... what an adventure. 
"Whaleshead" By Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas - 6"x6" Oil on Gallery Wrap


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying this Eva, watching your work is inspiring.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Thank you. I give credit to wonderful teachers and artists like yourself.