Sunday, August 5, 2012

Repurposing Birdhouses, Watercolors and Fixing Paintings

I spent the last couple of days re purposing old art projects.  I have a couple of left over pottery bird houses I made and sold a few years ago.  I decided to  filled them with garden compost, added succulents, allyxum and nasturtiums.  I then displayed some on bamboo poles that I used from last years garden. They added a whimsical touch to this year's square foot garden.
Next, I learned how to re purpose some unsuccessful watercolors. ( I have a few of those, too). Audi Stanton taught me how to make boxes out of them.  Here is one example.  I love the look.
Lastly, I worked on a few oil paintings that needed some adjustments.  Here are some pictures. 
Oh and since I was out in my garden, I had to show off a mosaic piece I created with a cement block, broken china, and one of my raku salmon pieces that was accidentally broken. 
Does this give you any ideas of what you can re purpose?
Re Purposed watercolor painting made into a box

Red clay hand built bird house made into a planter with allyxum and succulents

Another red clay bird house made into a planter with nasturtiums added



Hanging birdhouse with driftwood and handmade clay beads made into a succulent planter

Mosaic stepping stone made with a  raku pottery salmon, beach rocks, glass, tiles and broken plates
Adjusted paintings drying in my easel


No comments: