Saturday, September 10, 2011

Go Figure



I have spent very little time, in my life, drawing the human figure. This doesn't mean I can't identify bones and certain muscles. I loved biology. In the past, I have attempted to learn drawing the anatomy but it seemed so tedious and difficult that I gave up every time. Now that I am trying to improve my art skills, it has become necessary to progress. So, I am, once again, learning to draw figures. I find it intimidating because I don't know how to draw an arm, a back, legs, hands nor feet. It is difficult. I keep thinking I need to know all the muscles, tendons, bones and cartilages. I over complicate it.
Here is today's practice drawings. The model posed in 5 2 minutes poses, 3 10 minutes poses and then 3 20 minutes poses. The finale pose was for 40 minutes with a break in between.

No comments: