Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Buttons and Bowls


Today, I took another class with Ruth Stoner with Glassic Designs. I created the first stage of a plate. The pieces is fusing in a kiln tonight. The other student in the class created a Picasso plate. We get to see our work tomorrow. My piece will then be put into a kiln, again. on a mold to slump it into the mold shape.
I, also, was exposed to how to rake glass. I think that is how you would say it. Pieces of glass are put on a small clear tile and then you heat it to melting. Then you rake it with a long metal tool. This is done several times because each time you open the kiln, the glass cools down.
Interesting process.
I have gotten cutting glass down perfectly - there is a brag moment.
Very exciting.
Next, Jean Gordon let me help her with her tags for her buttons and then we went to A Perfect Yarn in Crescent City, CA. This is located on Highway 101 as you go south through town. Jean sold all her button to the owner and they are for sale. If you are a knitter, love crocheting or fiber art, check it out.

No comments: