Sunday, July 21, 2013

"No Peas - Please" Story Plate

I attended a pottery class at American River College a few years back  with instructor Anne Le Caze.  Two of her class assignments were to design story plates.  I created this piece about a story my three, younger brothers told me time and time and time, again.
I was responsible for cooking their meals when our parents worked. One night, our mother told to me to be sure we had a vegetable. I was making home made pizza and didn't have a anything to make a salad.  So, defiantly I dumped a can of peas on top of the pizza and served it.
Now I made them wonderful meals for years and this is the only one they remember. Peas on top of their pizza. 
Look at the female symbol with  golden hair and motherly appearance holding the pizza with peas and the  three, tall boys standing in unison on the other side with their hand in their pockets. Funny plate and funnier story.
"No Peas - Please" By Eva Marie Tanner Klaas


No comments: